Friday, August 17, 2012

Grail Status?

So here it is. This is something that I think many would consider a holy grail of LIHC collecting, and its not even a record, its a cassette! The Silent Majority demotape from 1994! I'm not sure if they have any other demo's besides this, but for the time being, im goin on the assumption that this is the music that started it all(unless nick corrects me). That completely changed long island music.

I still cant believe i now own this. I never ever thought i would own it. I had to drop a pretty penny on ebay, but at the time I figured since I had never seen it I could not miss out on it. It's got the songs Bind, One Stop, Knew Song and Expectations on it. Tommy's voice sounds so young on it.
Look at that, back when Lindenhurst still had the 516 area code, before the 631 began. This thing is so fucking cool to own. The tape looks like they really put some money into it instead of just dubbing it themselves too. So awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment