Thursday, August 2, 2012

Primitive Weapons and Warped

So two saturdays ago I volunteered at the Bridge 9 Records booth Warped Tour at the LI date.  I haven't been to warped in years but i figured it might be fun and maybe i'd see some bands i like amongst the absolute crap that riddles warped tours lineup nowadays.  Volunteering was overall an alright experience.  A friend from Tenessee (Garrett) was there and we chilled for most of the day.  A lot of random people were at Warped that I did not expect to see there.   Including Nick! But it was great seeing everyone and getting the pre blog post info on Nicks box from Pavlos.  After warped myself and Garrett hit up a pizza joint and then went to Amityville for the Capital / Sheer Terror gig. When I got there I had completely forgotten Primitive Weapons were playing, I didnt realize this til we got to the merch tables.  I had first been given their 7' by none other than Arthur Shepard himself, when Mind Over Matter had played w/ Glassjaw at the Best Buy Theater the year before and I convinced him playing LI fest was a good idea.  I liked that record so i picked this one up too.

This is their first LP called "The Shadow Gallery", limited to 150 on grey marble.  Its a pretty good record, heavy and chaotic at times. Ive spun it quite a bit since i purchased it. I like how they put PW002 on the top left of the cover, i guess its going to be a running count of how many releases they put out. 

Its clear the label put a lot of work into this lp, the vinyl is heavy and feels good in the hand and the friggin insert folds out and looks great.

Fun fact about the show, I ended up completely missing Primitive Weapons. It went like this: Watched provider, hung out outside and forgot PW was playing, came back inside mid 1776 set to see somone immediately cartwheeling, watched Capital, got tired and left before Sheer Terror.  Yea i know.


No comments:

Post a Comment