Saturday, August 18, 2012

Motherfuck the way it looks like rain

So recently I was searching the B9 board selling forum, looking for what else but records. Anyway I found a guy selling a bunch of records I wanted. His prices were high so we negotiated down on some of them but he really wasnt willing to be reasonable.  I ended up only wanting a few Instilled records from him. But he was still over-valuing these records. At the same time I was talking to Dave from State of Mind records on b9. I forget what the conversation started out on but i mentioned that the guy was overcharging me on Instilled records. He then informed me 2 of the colors(red and green) i was buying from the guy were still available on the State of Mind Webstore. So I put in an order for two of them and then Dave offered to sell me the blue and yellow copies of the 7"... and a test press! He gave me a price, which was insanely reasonable and i instantly sent the rest of the money to him, and let the other guy know i got the records from the label for reasonable pricing.
A week later, everything arrived:
The test press is pretty standard, no numbering or anything. However i love the spraypainting on the cover to differentiate it.
Here's all the records i got: TEST PRESS out of 10-sih, Blue un-numbered out of 100, Yellow out of 100, Red out of 250 and Green out of 300.  Dave said only some of the blue were numbered and were supposed to be numbered through 100, but the guy who was doing the label with him at the time got lazy and stopped numbering them. It is unknown how many are actually numbered on blue. I previously had this record on clear, and now it seems all I need to have a complete collection is blue numbered. Guess I fell into an Instilled collection. I love it.
Dave also included a bunch of bonuses with the records! A ton of State of Mind stickers,  a Krakdown sticker, a download for the Anchor Singles Collected LP,  the Blood Red ep cd that came with the the 7's and the vinyl decal from the Blood Red 7"!!! How cool is that! Such an awesome little piece of LIHC right there! Damn I'd love to get a Blood Red Test press.



No comments:

Post a Comment