Monday, September 17, 2012

BBB Preorders

Before I go into the records I got from my most recent BBB preorder, I just want to give this label some praise.  A guy name Sam runs the label, and he goes above and beyond for this label.  Case in point for these 7"s. Both of these went up for pre-order in late May. In August i realized i hadnt gotten them yet and i checked out the BBB website.  And right there in the recent news i saw that the covers for the Clear 7" had been delayed.  He didnt have to put an explanation or status of preorders on his site, but he did because he actually cares about his customer.  On the contrary you have a label like Six Feet Under where you wait months on end for something to come, and if you ask for a status update you are met with annoyance and anger at you even questioning them.  On to the records.

First one i preordered was the Clear demo 7" on, well clear vinyl limited to 300.  I downloaded the demo and I liked it a lot so i figured I might as well buy the 7".  When i got it i was reading the liner notes and realized that Pat Flynn of Have Heart does vocals for this band! No wonder why I liked them haha.


Secondly I preordered Rude Awakening's "The Awakening". I got Teal limited to 100.  This band played long island recently with Incendiary and Shipwreck.  I stupidly missed their set in favor of getting coffee.  Next time i wont because this band is awesome.  Also, once again while reading the liner notes i discovered Josh Hynes does the vocals, the man responsible for most of the boston/eastern mass hardcore shows in the 2000's.

No comments:

Post a Comment