Saturday, September 15, 2012

Commence Catching up

Wow its been a while since my last post. I've gotten really lazy about updating, but I haven't stopped buying records. I have about 40 record I need to post about, So lets get started.  Last month I picked up a bunch of records from one guy on the B9 board.  He had set prices that were all extremely reasonable, the type of situation where you are pricing to sell.

First thing I got was the Tarpit "Wake Up" 7" for their California tour.  I have the regular version but didnt know a cali tour press existed. For 2 bucks I would have been stupid not to get it as Tarpit rips.
The coolest part about this record is that the tour cover isnt just one of those covers that slips partially over the regular cover.  Its an actual real cover, nothing makeshift about it.  I love when bands/label put extra effort into things.

Next I grabbed Buried Alive "Six Month Face" on purple wax.  I have this on black already and dont collect buried alive, even though i really should as they are arguably one of the best 90's hc bands. But yea, once again a super low price forced me to buy this.
I also got the s/t Deathcycle 7".  I forgot i already had this so i grabbed it for 2 bucks.  The verison I already had is the more limited white out of 200.  Fun fact, Ron the singer lives in my town and I constantly see him riding his bike.


I was also able to add another 10" to my collection. This make #15!  Anway this is As Friends Rust  s/t.  Doghouse put this record out. One thing im noticing about that label is they put absolutely 0 money and effort into their vinyl.  The sleeve is literally a triple insert, no support or strength.  And the vinyl is flimsy as fuck.  At least the music is good!
EDIT: this is an 8" record, I'm an idiot. oh well, still only 14 10"s.

Next up i got Elliot's "U.S. Songs".  I had bought the Record Store Day 2011 version on grey from the seller, but when i got the lp it was still sealed. Upon opening it I found a black version, I looked up the pressing info to see if they had pressed it onto black when they did the rsd repress but found nothing.  I talked to the seller to see if this was a first press, but he did say he recently bought it and apologized for grabbing the wrong copy and offered to send the correct one asap.  However we made other arrangements and i got a different record and just kept this one.

I also got the classic Outspoken "A light in the Dark" lp, for only 8 bucks.  The cover isnt in the best condition but the record is mint.


Finally, I got American Nightmare's "We're Down til we're Underground" LP.  I'm nowhere near the fan level that most people are with AN, but I do enjoy them a lot.  And seeing them this summer in NYC was one of the most memorable shows I've ever been to.  I got this record for 25 bucks from the seller, this thing on regular non-limited black goes for 50 on ebay! HOLY DEAL. I was super happy to own a 1st press AN record for so cheap!



No comments:

Post a Comment