Thursday, February 26, 2009

Skate and Destroy

So, I think back in October, maybe even September I built a grind box with my dad. I skated it once and decided 14 inches was too high. We lowered it to a foot high and it was perfect. Then we tried to find a 7 ft long piece of angle iron, guess what, they only come in 6 Ft lengths. Luckily, my uncle works in a metal shop. We asked him to bend a piece of iron for me and he comes through, after a while. I finally got the angle iron about 2 weeks ago and today I came home early from school and my dad and I screwed it onto the box. And finally, it was finished.

I skated it today and I already re-learned crooked grinds!!! It needed some wax at first, but now its perfect. Many hours will possibly be spent neglecting friendships with this thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment