Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Great Reversals

So I've got a bunch of records sitting next to me and im gonna try to bust out a few posts and get through them. Great Reversals is a band I never heard of until Stuck in the Past did a few write ups about them, first that the 10" was coming out, and then when it was out and a link to their bigcartel (run by their drummer). They were described as sounding like Bane, so I had to check them out.



This is the 10" To the ends of the earth. Blue vinyl limited to 200.  The vinyl itself is really thick and heavy.  The sleeve is also heavy duty, which is great because a lot of the time with 10"s the sleeve tend to be flimsly.  On the insert there's a paragraph about one of the bandmembers struggle with raising a deaf and autistic child, which seems to be the main theme of the record. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for him. Anyway, this record absolutely rips and you can really feel the emotion the band is putting into it. It definitely has the Bane vibe but with a little mid 90's feel to it also. This is what hardcore is missing right now, true emotion.



I also ordered their split 7" with They come in Waves.  I haven't listened to the record yet, but the layout is EASILY my favorte layout of any record ever. The front of the sleeve has a white line going across it with the band names in it and it looks like it could be part of the front cover image.  But, the white line isnt a white line at all, the sleeve opens up around it and reveals the insert to be a opaque/clear plastic thing.  I was totally not expecting that when I opened it, so cool. The record itself is a great color and limited to 80.



Here's what the record and insert look like when held up to the window.



Finally, the drummer Eric Scobie included a free copy of the demo cd! Awesome, In one fell swoop I now have all of this bands music on hard copy.  Scobie even wrote out a handwritten thank you for the order, I love when bands do this as it adds a more personal touch to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment