Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Don't Bother Angel.....

Taking Back Sunday are one of the 2 bands that opened up the floodgates of alternative music and punk/hardcore/emo for me. I first heard of them when I had bought tickets to see Thursday play at an LI venue called the Sahara.  This was my first real show and I was super excited, so I set out to check out every band before the show.  Those including Ensign and From Autumn to Ashes. I was able to find a few random demo songs off Kazaa in late 2001 and I loved it.  Seeing them live for the first time was amazing.  Unfortunately when I hit their merch table, they had no music for sale which was a total bummer, I ended up settling for the FATA cd (of which i only ever listened to the song w/ the girl singing on it).
 
Over 10 years after it came out it dawned on me that I did not own of my favorite all time records on vinyl. I went over to Victory's webstore and was able to pick up a copy of the 5TH press of Tell All Your Friends.  The color is "grey putty" and limited to 449.
 
I was actually at the record release show of this album, well CD release, held at Looney Tunes. Myself and 3 friends waited on line for a few hours and it never moved. Finally being confused as fuck I went inside and was told I would have had to preordered a copy of the cd to gain entry into the show. I explained to them that this wasnt listed on any of the fliers nor on Looney Tunes or TBS's website, so how was I to know. They didn't care and wouldn't let us in. I finally gave up and said can I at least buy a TBS cd or shirt and be on my way?  I was answered with a stern NO and left empty handed.  This incident caused me to boycott Looney Tunes til after it burned to the ground about 7 years late, only then did I feel justice served and began to patronize their store.

No comments:

Post a Comment