Thursday, October 11, 2012

Incendiary Rarity

One of my favorite things about collecting records is stumbling upon a record that you literally had no idea existed; not on anyone's list, never seen it or heard speak of it.  And when you find it you know you have to get it.  Its a sweet victory when you score something you didn't know existed. Case in point this Incendiary 7".

This is the first Incendiary 7".  The vinyl is exactly the same as the regular press.  The difference here is the cover, its a photocopy of the normal cover on light blue cardstock. Limited to 14.  I got this from Dave Campbell who runs State of Mind records, he was selling a huge list of rare stuff and this was on it. The photocopied cover makes it seem like this could have been a prepress for late covers or soemthing, but i was at the record release show for this 7" and I did not see this anywhere and they had the cover. I have to follow up with Brendan or Audley for the story on this. 

I was going for a full Indcendiary collection and it was going well, BUT closed casket activities just released the 3rd press of the split with Xibalba.....on 27 different covers.   Yes you read that right, 27 fucking colors.  I love incendiary, and I was going to put an order in for all 27, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend all that money.  Especially when you have to order using all in merch's website and get raped on shipping.  Oh well guess I'm done collecting incendiary, fuck you cca.

No comments:

Post a Comment