Saturday, October 13, 2012

The LP's are stacking up

So i'm just gonna catch up here and talk about a few different LPs i got recently:
This is the Memorial "The Creative Process/Berlin" lp on black vinyl, Limited to 100. The sleeve is stamped with the photobooth records logo.  Something originally happened with this lp when it first came out.  I think it was supposed to come out on a different label and when it finaly did the preorder version didnt play at all? I really dont know but this version and the yellow i have play great and this is an amazing record.

Ah Mind Over Matter! I love this band and Security is easily my favorite material by them.  The frustration and mental anguish is easily conveyed in this record.  I've been lucky and have gotten to see them multiple times since the broke up.  Most recently June 11 when they played long island fest. And they covered LSS at that show, insane.
Anyway this was an ebay score where the seller listed it as black and having white streaks. He didnt post a picture of the vinyl but i took a chance.  You can see pretty clearly what he is talking about here, but I dont know if thats enough to classify it as different.  In other news, I still need this on RED, someone help!

Lastly we have one of the most important, if not the most important, hardcore record ever.  The Cro Mags "Age of Quarrel". I picked this up off a guy from the B9 board. The cover is in alright condition, and there's a skip in We Gotta Know, but otherwise it is fine and well worth the 50 i spent.  I am happy to own this record finally, and next up i have to get the uncensored sleeve. I was supposed to see Cro-Mags again over the summer. But then something happened between Harley and DMS which caused the show to stop.  My friends and I were standing in the middle of the floor waiting for the mags to start, when the light came on. I got excited because i prefer lights on at shows so i can see if im about to get knocked in the face.  But nope, show ended.  John Joseph promised a make up show but it hasnt happened yet, the Bowery is probably now sketched out on booking them.




No comments:

Post a Comment