Sunday, August 5, 2012

Academy 7/28: pt 2.

So here's part 2 of my recent trip to academy. Just 2 lps but pretty solid purchases in my opinion. First up is AFI"s "Black Sails in the Sunset".  I grew up listening to AFI and I still like them today. Not so much the new weird shit they do, but black sails is a fucking classic and an amazing record.
One thing I almost always do is look at the insert of any record I get.  It really gives me a feel for where the band was at that time and also gives me new bands to check out.  When I read the thank you's on black sails i never expected to see what i saw. 
YEP, AFI thanked the almighty Indecision in their thank you's, and right after they thanked Kill Your Idols! I dont know why this was so unexpected to me, I guess i felt like Indecision would never be on AFI's radar, but fuck this is awesome. Oh yea see that SOIA thank you too, awesome.

Secondly, i got another AFI lp, "The Art of Drowning". Yep once again i found both of these records in the same row! I cant tell you how many times I played this album when I got the CD in 10th grade. I remember walking around the halls shutting everyone around me out completely immersing myself in this album.  It got me through a lot in highschool and I'll always love this record.

So thats it for the academy records trip.  I've also decided I'm going to start collecting Sinking Ships records, so if anyone has any they want to let go of, comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment