Friday, August 3, 2012

Academy 7/28: pt. 1

Since I seem to go to Academy Records in Brooklyn a lot, I guess I'll be dating the titles from now on.  Last Saturday I worked about 7 hours before heading into Brooklyn with Joe. We initially went just to walk around, but of course if I'm in Brooklyn I'm going to be going to Academy. For whatever reason I really didnt expect to find anything. Some girls where hogging the newly received LPs so I checked out the newly received 7"s first.
First record i found was Scapegrace's "the ones who fell off the face of the earth". I love the cover art of this record, it just screams 90's to me.
The insert on this one is awesome, very detailed and it folds out to 3 pages long.

Second record I found was a Warped Weeble Wobbles 7". Both of these were in the same box! Shit i felt I was sure to find more Long Island band records..but i didnt.
This one also had an insert that folded out to three pages long. I only took a shot of 2 pages of it so the crowd shot could be better seen.
Last 7" I found was Soulefire's "Refuse to Fall".  I had never even heard of this band but the second i saw the name I new it had to be some kind of 90's hardcore. When i further inspected it I found confirmation of my suspicions in that it was Equal Visions Records #2! When i peeled off the price tag, once i got home, which was over the circle logo, i found some very hare krisha looking symbols. Yep so 90's its not even funny.


And look at that, the third record I got also had a insert that folded out to three pages! All of these were found in the same box, which is pretty awesome. Unfortunately I havent even had time to listen to these records yet.  Today was my 12th day working in a row, I'm surprised I've even had the energy to write any posts this week. I have 2 more LP's i got from this trip. But im going to split them into a Part 2 entry.



No comments:

Post a Comment